Monday, April 27, 2015

PLN Reflection

The following is my thoughts of my most recent PLN. I really hope you enjoy reading. Happy reading!

I have to say that blog spot and twitter have been the two most effective tools for me. They both are user friendly and effective communication tools. I am able to update them both from my phone in an instant. I have enjoyed sharing these tools.
            Blog spot has engaged me more than any of the other tools. I have shared this with many of my peers. I have incorporated blogging within my class. My students are able to share their ideas and thoughts about the particular topic. One of my student informs me when we have missed an opportunity to blog. One interesting part of blogging is that it allows me to assess what my students know in a short amount of time. It allows me opportunities to clear up on any misconceptions on an individual bases. I have also started a communication blog on my school wires page. This allows my parents to see what the students are learning, homework, and other important events that are coming up. Blogging has also allowed me to communicate with my peers. I am able to post a blog or one of my peers post the blog to begin a discussion.

            Twitter has to be my favorite even though I have not learned to use this tool for learning. I have been able to learn personal and share with my peers things that I have learned from Twitter, but my goal is to incorporate Twitter into my class. What I really like about Twitter is that I am able to create a list of friends and hashtags, and share information with that group. I have learned the effectiveness of the hashtags and I absolutely love to use hashtags. 

No comments:

Post a Comment